Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Planning = Success!

I noticed the date of my last post was October 21st, so as far as I'm concerned, under a month is me getting better! Kudos!

Alright, let's get serious. It's nearing the end of the year & for most that means the Holidays with their families, friends, loved ones, etc., Christmas shopping, Holiday parties, & looking forward to the New Year. While this holds true for me as well, there is one other thing just looming when the end of the year approaches... Time to get a new planner. This can be a very stressful thing for me because the planner for 2010 allows me a month of the New Year to find a new planner, but after that month, I'm cut off from planning in an organized manner. Thus ensues my end-of-year, must-find-a-planner full blown anxiety. Scratch that, 'anxiety' is putting it pretty mildly. Let's call a spade a spade here... I completely panic. Finding a planner should really not be such a daunting & intense task, & for most, it's not. Find one, at a good price, & move on, (I would say check it off the to-do list, but these people probably don't even use to-do lists. Ugh.) But for me it's a whoooole other story. I am incredibly picky about a few things in my life, & my planner is one of them. It holds my life within it's covers! It holds my life together.

I guess I should mention the other things I'm a little picky about:
* My hair. It has to be cut & colored to my liking or there will be hell to pay. Trust me.
* My jeans. Yes, denim jeans cause me much stress & most do not fit my criteria. I'm not even going to explain how I have to have them because it would exhaust you. But basically, they have to be comfortable, not flared but not skinny leg, no fading on the thighs, (some exceptions can be made, but the fading must make it through a second round of picky-ness.) holes are acceptable, but again, there is a second round of criteria holes must pass, & they have to make my booty look good. I don't have a whole lot back there, so that takes a very special pair of jeans. This is the much abridged version of the jean-selection process.
* & my purses. Don't worry, I'm not as anal about purses as I am about jeans, but I'm still pretty picky. I can't explain it but it has to be just right. Functional, not too big & not too small, black, brown, beige or gray ONLY. That's about it. & while we're at it, I might as well show you my idea of heaven in purse form. See below, & prepare yourself for fabulous.


Le Speedy 35 & my life-long Love


Also acceptable for spring/summer is The Damier Azur Speedy 35... Mmmm, yummy!

See my point? I'm really being good this year so maybe Santa will bring me a special treat under the tree! ;) I could lust over those bags all day long if someone would let me. Along with my love for Louis Vuitton. Let's just say obsessed & leave it at that.

So! Back to the task at hand; the 2011 planner. I've narrowed it down to two options, both of which have some major pros. Which is making it so hard to decide! So I'm just going to lay it out, pics & all, & maybe it will help me come to some decision.

My first option:



Presh on the outside (see pink w/ polka dots,) functional on the inside (it's hard to see with this picture, but each day has an accompanying box for a to-do list, if needed... Love that!) & the full calendar view, which I also love because it let's me see how the entire month is laid out in one glance.

My second option:

Let me quote the website on this one;
"These useful and unique daily agendas are full of frisky fun! The colored tabs make for happy planning. ['Happy Planning'! Eeee! My heart leaps with joy!]
17 month agenda (August 2010 thru 2011)
complete with weekly and monthly calendar pages, dates to remember, contacts, and notes. Stickers included."

I couldn't get all the pics of this one to save, so that's why I included the description.. Doesn't it sound great?! I love Lilly Pulitzer, I think their stuff is SO cute & girly, but I'm still stuck on that first one having a box for each day to write the applicable to-do list. But knowing me, & I have to be honest, I would probably still write it on a sticky note & stick it on that week. Ok so I think I just made my decision?! How easy was that? Well, now I'm really excited about this year! Knowing I can plan it in style :)

That's all for tonight, & I guess was pretty boring & lame. But hopefully I'll outdo myself & leave even less time between posts. I have so many amazing people & things happening right now in my life, I can't possibly wait too long! As a matter of fact, I'm going to start a list of topics to tackle. I know I did that in the post before last, but there are more now! & not all of them need to be written about for therapeutic reasons, but for celebratory reasons! That's a great thing!

Stay tuned ;) Xx0

No comments:

Post a Comment