Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3 Days! And...


Yes! Just 3 short days! I cannot believe how time has flown by! As I get older I feel like each year gets even shorter... & this was definitely one of those years.

I'll probably be MIA for a little while (psh, like I'm always in touch as it is,) as I'm leaving early tomorrow for Eastern KY to be with family for the holiday! If anything especially exciting happens, I will definitely follow up with a post. I cannot wait to see my grandparents... It was so hard to leave them after TGiving! They treat me like I have absolutely hung the freaking moon. Like I'm their princess & they spoil me with compliments & love... So much love! What girl wouldn't love to be around that?! They mean the world to me & each additional Christmas with them, at this point, is incredibly precious to me. This will most likely be my Nana's last Christmas with us. She has Alzheimer's & it's getting much worse very quickly. My Poppy is her sole caretaker & is unable to get her to eat or take any of her medication. She visited the doctor a couple days ago & has pneumonia in her left lung & of course, refuses to take her antibiotics. They've done IV antibiotics, thankfully, but she won't take any pills. The sudden rebellion is disturbing to me, & is somewhat unexplainable. She's become increasingly combative ever since the disease started to get worse, especially with my Poppy. He seems to be the person she directs all her anger towards, I guess because he's always with her. I can't wait to get there & just give him love. I love him with all my heart & know he's hurting so much... More than I can comprehend. I hate that & just want to hug him forever.

It sounds odd, but for the most part, I feel like I've started to let my Nana go already. She hasn't been herself in so long, I almost feel like she's already gone. Of course there are rare moments where she seems closer to being the Nana I know & love, but for the most part, she's just not herself at all. I am sad, incredibly sad, about the way things are at the present moment but I've really started preparing myself for what's to come. I'm scared of what I'll feel when she actually does leave us. But these are things that happen to everyone eventually. I'm starting to get very used to changes... Big changes. I know I'm strong & I have an amazing support system behind me, so I know I'll get through it. & it's comforting to know that she will go to a better place & get to be with all the loved ones she's lost throughout her life. & she'll always be in my heart. Always.

Ok then! Here's something that definitely makes me smile!!

Looooove that Santa baby!!

Well, that's it for me... I have a few more gifts to finish up, a kitchen to finish cleaning, laundry that never ends, & packing to get to! X's&O's <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment