Sunday, July 18, 2010

Funkyyy

Mother of PEARL! I have been in the absolute weirdest funk lately!! The past couple days weren't too bad, besides a few out-of-character, annoying occurrences but today has just been one of those bummer days :( I am semi-proud of myself for getting it somewhat together & going to my good friend's pool party, despite my lame mood. It was a good boost too, so I'm glad I went!

But here's the deal: My boyfriend of 3 years left for Vegas on May 18th & had been out in Vegas for the past couple months... He was temping as a poker dealer @ Caesar's Palace & the Venetian (can I mention just for a second how freaking PR0UD this makes me?! EeeEeEE!!) & finally came home to me this past Wednesday (the 14th & his BDay!) So you would think his time away had me in a serious funk, & it did for a little while, but I got into the swing of my own things & got through it! So he comes back & I start doing the dumbest things. Ya know, those things that you don't even like to think back on because it makes you feel so stupid? First example, the only thing he wanted for his birthday was a cooler full of ice cold beer waiting for him by the pool when he came home. Easy enough right? Right. Until, like a moron, I take some that are left in the box to the fridge. I picked up the open box & they just roooollll on out. I knew exactly what was going to happen but couldn't stop it. 5 bottled beers dropped to the floor, shattered, & left a river of beer under the pool table, in the grout of the tiles, & was creeping farther & farther into the rest of the basement. Awesome. Now, let me just say... I am NOT a clumsy person. Normally. It was so annoying. Mostly because if I had just thought for a second longer about what I was doing it could have been prevented!! & I hadn't even gotten to enjoy one of those beers yet!

BUT! Friday night was truly the icing on the cake.


The Before. & how this lovely piece of decor is supposed to look.


& The After. After my brain evidently left my head & went out for a cocktail, or shopping, or something other than doing it's job in my head!!

I'll admit, I'm a huge sap & had to sit down & cry about it. I freaking LOVE those suckers! My boyfriend's sister gave them to me & I had gotten seriously attached to them! Anyway, my boyfriend could almost guarantee she had gotten them at Hobby Lobby (aka my personal heaven, but that's a whooole other post) & he was sure I could easily find another one exactly like it. Which I couldn't, but hey, I have high hopes. I know it's just a material possession, blahhhh blah, but really... Why didn't I just pay attention to what I was doing?!? UGH!

Boski (the afore mentioned Boo) has left again, this time working in Washington for a construction company he's worked with for years. They tolerated the trip to live a dream for a little while out in Vegas & immediately gave him a job to leave for as soon as he came home. They move fast; he only got home Wednesday morning & left @ 7pm on Saturday. The shortest 4 days everrr! He should be out there for a total of around 3 months, maybe more :( This is why I'm in my bummer mood today. I know I'll snap out of it, I'm just impatient & hoping it happens soon! Of course there is a plus side... His sister is pregnant with his very first niecey-poo & is due in late August or early September, (EeeEEeee!! Emma Kate we can't WAIT!!) so he'll be coming home for her sweet little arrival!! & they offered to fly him home a few times while he's on this job, but he suggested they just fly me out instead! Yayyyy!!!! I freaking love traveling, especially with him as a tour guide :) Can't wait!!!!

So now that I've recapped these events & complained about them, I'm moving on! XO;)

No comments:

Post a Comment