Sunday, February 6, 2011

Leading a Charmed Life

I ventured to Eastern KY, despite my apprehensions, to visit my grandparents this weekend! My grandma's condition is pretty much day-by-day & is incredibly difficult for all of us. The goal this weekend was making sure she was comfortable & in absolutely no pain for this last leg of her journey here on earth.

While things were incredibly tough, my Faith has grown & my Love for my family, if it was possible, has grown even more. My grandpa, as I'm sure I've mentioned before, is the strongest person I know. He truly perseveres through everything. He has all his life & is such an inspiration. He is amazingly strong & through all the pain has shown his amazing ability to Love.

I pulled out an affirmation book my mom had given me years ago & started reading it. Right now I'm afraid I don't have enough in me to wake up positive every day... I just don't. But I don't want to be a Negative Nancy all the time! Finding something to read every day to just lift my spirits from the start has been so helpful. & I couldn't help but think... How Lucky am I? How Blessed am I? I mean really! I know I'm on a journey right now & I can't foresee the end of it yet, but I know I am truly leading a Charmed Life. <3.




No comments:

Post a Comment