Friday, February 11, 2011

My Wallet!

My life is so exciting I thought I would share! I switched wallets today & thought I would write a post about it! Ok, so I know... It sounds completely lame, but I realized when I was cleaning said wallet out & switching to an even more functional option, how much a purse or a wallet says about a Lady! So here we go!

The current wallet!
Mildly Flashy & Extremely Functional!
I have to say, I have somewhat of a wallet obsession. I am constantly on a mission to find 'The One'. I have yet to find a wallet to change my life, but I'm still hopeful.

Let's take a peak inside, shall we?


Please note my checks. I think the only reason I still use checks to pay bills is because they are just too freaking cute! As you may have noticed, the check pictured is a flyyy giraffe print! I happen to have zebra, tiger, & cheetah also in my repertoire. I may sound old, but I seriously prefer writing checks. I have no idea why. & believe me... I've tried to figure it out!

& let me just stop you right there... I know I have an obscene amount of cards. I am owning it. & frankly, it's alright with me because some of those cards save me enough money to make me feel like I am a financially responsible adult!
I am an easy sell though, really. If you say you have a discount card, I'm signing up. Even if I have no plans of returning to your store in the near future, I'll sign up.
[As a side note-- If any of you are trying to meet a 'quota' of this kind, I'm your girl. I'll sign up for anything as long as it's free!]

While we're here... Does anyone else wonder why Hobby Lobby can't get it together & create a customer rewards program? They may very well be one of the only places I frequent (& I mean frequent,) that I don't have a discount card for. & Target! I know, Target has a credit card, but I'm sorry... I cannot commit to financial ruin & sign up. I may still be mildly irresponsible, but I know when to stop myself. & a Target credit card is a world of trouble I just cannot bring myself to enter! I feel the same about Macy's!!

Ok, so let's explore the cards...
- Kroger Plus -- Typical
- CVS Extra Care Card -- I'm more of a Rite Aid kinda' girl, but like I said, I'm an easy sell.
- Wellness + (Rite Aid) -- I'm not sure what took them so long, but fiiiiinally my loves at Rite Aid created a card for us 'frequent shoppers'!
- G.B. Shoe Warehouse -- Seriously y'all. Seriously. If you don't have one, you must. I think it's 10% off any purchase if you use this card! I could be remembering my sign-up incorrectly, but I'm pretty sure that's the point of the card! & if you've never been to visit G.B. you need to. ASAP. Got a pair of $70+-something Sperry's for like, $30 or $40 bucks last spring. (I happened to hit a sale & had my rewards card!) Not to mention, they have a million other great brands to choose from!
(See this post for further explanation of my shoe 'habit'!)
- Library card -- Whatever. I feel like I'm not really a good person if I don't have one. I rarely visit the public library, although I L-O-V-E reading. I have this weird thing about buying books I love. I get my sights set on a book (after much research to determine that I will for-sure love it,) & just have to buy it. My dream home will have a library (& by 'library' I may or may not mean many shelves in a corner,) & I think buying books instead of 'renting' them from the library, is my way of contributing to this library so I don't have to buy a set of encyclopedias as a filler when the time comes.
- Speedy Rewards card -- Duh. I am definitely a Speedy Rewards points hoarder. I rarely redeem them, but will specifically choose Speedway for my quickie-needs over others because I want to accumulate points! I happen to have a coupon for a free energy shot stowed away, thanks to this card!
- Qdoba card -- I live right up the street from a Qdoba & the amount of free burritos I've earned, (thanks to this card!) is obscene. They also happen to be the only place, besides Cheddar's, that has ri-dic-u-lous chips & queso. I may or may not indulge in their insane guacamole from time to time as well!
- BHG Rewards card -- & last but certainly not least! Ohhh how I adore Bluegrass Hospitality Group! I'm sure many of you know, but BHG is responsible for Malone's, Sal's, Harry's, & Drake's! I so hope they plan to keep expanding because their concept is seriously business-savvy & they have a great market here in Lextown! Want a nice dinner out? Head on over to Malone's or Sal's! Want a casual night with great food/great drinks? Looking for an exquisite patio after a profitable day at Keeneland? Pop on over to Harry's! Feel like dancin' & sippin' some import beers? Drake's is just what the doctor ordered!
*Siiiiigh*

I love you BHG. With a BHG rewards card you earn points that earn you free stuff! You can be a points-hoarder like me, or you can use your points to pay your bar tab! I love it. I whip it out every time I'm there!!

& finally...

My Pop-A-Lock coupons!
Now let me explain... These are all expired. The sweet muffin who removed my keys from my locked car last time gave them to me & I'm utterly terrified to remove them from my wallet.
(Even though they're expired & annoying the daylights out of my OCD de-clutter instincts.)
I have an unfortunate disability that causes me to lock my keys in my car on a bi-weekly basis. I so wish I were kidding. Ok, ok... Not bi-weekly, but close! I actually locked myself out of my house this week... Since we're on the subject! But ever since I've had these coupons, I have yet to lock myself out of my car. [Knock. On. Wood.]
I think it's been like, 5-or-so months since I've done it! I know it's sad, but for me, that's a record! I really think irony has a permanent place in my life, based on prior experience, & I am convinced that if I take these coupons out of my wallet I will follow up with a locked-out experience.
Yes, I know... They're expired, so they really can't help me at all these days but I'm just superstitious that way!

So that's that! The wallet! I might have to think about following up with a purse post! Feel free to share any places that happen to sell a potential 'the one' wallet because I am always searching. So far it's been fruitless, but I have hope!

XOXO Lovies!!

No comments:

Post a Comment