Thursday, February 17, 2011

When Times get Tough, the Tough........ Go Shopping!

I often update you on my 'current state' when I happen to have a cute little view of my laptop, Lilly planner, pens/highlighter, & functional notebooks (used for my many lists!) & typically, a cup of coffee close by. But right now, this is me:


Pure shopping BLiSS!
Ohhhh yeaaaaaa :)

Times have been way too tough & heavy lately! & Lucky for my little broke hiney, I got my tax returns just in the nick of time! I know it's a horrible habit, but when I'm feeling down & out I shop! Bad for my wallet & emotions, but great for the economy! Right? Trying to justify here!

Don't worry, as irresponsible as I am I didn't take my tax returns & run off into the sunset. I did pay bills first. & yes, I paid all of them. All our accounts are current! & while that cheered me up (& de-stressed me,) it wasn't quiiiite what my little heart needed ;)
& I may or may not have made a payment on my student loan that wasn't due until APRIL... ThankYouVeryMuch!

Behold.... The fruits of my shopping labors!



A couple 'electronics'! Please excuse me blogging about a car charger, but I've always wanted one & I snagged this little baby for $2.50 on Amazon! Can you say Steal!?!



3 words... Oooh La Laaa!
I love, love, LOVE the blush tone of this shoe. I can already tell, it's going to be a spring go-to. & whaddya-know?! It goes perfectly with this!



I've always wanted a white dress with little eyelet details (hard to see in this pic!) & I think it's going to be perrr-fect for Keeneland this spring!! Now I just have to get going on my tan so my skin doesn't match this dress! Anyone have suggestions for a good place to get a spray tan? I'm really trying to break my 'bed' habit because I'm starting to get a little nervous about laying under those harsh bulbs! I love Louis Vuitton (more than my heart can stand,) but I don't want to look like one of their bags when I'm 30!

I also purchased this precious top which you may remember from this post!



I made all of these purchases online so naturally, the anticipation is killing me! I can't wait until these arrive & I get to play! I'm feeling mildly anxious because, of course, I'm worried some things won't be as great as I want them to be once they arrive. But part of me loves shopping online because of that anticipation. It's so fun waiting for things to arrive & so exciting when you see that box waiting on your doorstep!
I know, I know... That's a sure sign I need to find a Shopper's Anonymous meeting.
"Hi, I'm Austin & I have a serious shopping habit which I lean on in difficult & happy times."
Hiiiii Austin.

I'm sorry, but I've battened down my financial hatches in a serious way & once my tax returns came, I decided to have a little fun! Like I said, I paid bills & I even saved some of it! So frankly, I deserve the above purchases :)

XOXO!!

P.S. Thank you to those of you who commented/tweeted/etc about my previous post. It was incredibly difficult to write but the encouragement I got from you all made it so worthwhile... Just knowing people read it & appreciated it! Your thoughts, prayers, & offerings of support are so precious to me! I love you sweet girls! Kiss Kiss, Hug Hug!!
Seriously..... THANK YOU!! :)))

3 comments:

  1. Girlfriend, LOVE all the buys! LOVE those shoes too!! Get your cute self to Sun Tan City and get a Versa Spa!! In the picture I posted for my first one on the 30 day blog challenge (Wednesday) I had a Versa in that! I get the dark! It comes in Light, medium, and dark. I always get the dark. It is about 30 bucks a spray and a booth does it so its not awkward with someone spraying you! Ewww haha. I think it is walk ins ONLY at least it is here in my town. You can call though. I see them alll over Lexingtonw hen I visit the boyfriend!! AND I am proud of you for paying your student loan early! I pay monthly and it is due next week ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw: the Vera lasts 7-10 days!! It is a healthy beachy glow! I am obsessed with it! If you go holler at me and I will give you tips! For instance, you need to wear LOOSE clothing because the spray will get on it where you're a little wet afterwards! I am wanting to go get one now!!! I swear by them....no more tanning beds for me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the shoes and iphone cover girl! shopping is always a quick fix. I like my money right where I can see it, in my closet ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete